When Linwood College reopens its doors in term two, 2022 it will be known as Te Aratai College.
The 780 students and 120 staff are excited about this wonderful opportunity.
The school’s initial fitout budget however will not stretch to all the equipment and services identified as needed*.
To help make our new school a centre of excellence we now call upon our Alumni to support this amazing new educational opportunity by donating to the Linwood College Foundation via our givealittle page. We have been out talking to businesses and our wider community but the support of our Alumni is key to our success in raising the funds needed for the fitout of the new school. Please join with us in making the vision of a well-resourced school for our community a reality.
Together let us create a school which will provide every educational opportunity for all students. Let us help each one to succeed to their potential.
*Items requiring funding:
• Technology and creative courses – specialised equipment
• The new Performance Centre fit out including retractable seating, lighting boards, stage curtains and sound system
• Commercial kitchen specialist equipment
• Playgrounds for Year 7 and 8 students
• Furniture and equipment for the Kimihia Parental College, the teen parent unit
• Music recording equipment
• Bouldering – a rock climbing wall
• Whakairo (carvings) for the whare (meeting house)
• Pastoral care resourcing
• Trees, shrubs and general planting
It is only through education and by supporting where there is need, that we can transform our communities and create exciting futures for all our students.
To donate go to the Linwood College Givealittle page found here Givealittle